The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Committee on any agenda item before the Committee takes action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction will be heard during “Public Comments.” No individual speaker will be allowed more than 2 minutes, subject to the discretion of the Chair. Agenda items are subject to board action. The agenda is posted for public review at Westwood Public Library, 1246 Glendon Avenue and at www.wwnc.org.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assisted listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at 213-485-1360 or email NCSupport@lacity.org.
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at our website by clicking on the following link: www.wwnc.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call to Order – Council Member roll call (Quorum = 11 members) (1 minute)
- Approval of Minutes – December 10, 2014 meeting (2 minutes)
- Comments by Public Officials (20 minutes)
- Public Comments – (2 minutes per speaker)
- Standing Committee Status/Reports
- Approval of Monthly Expenditures
- Land Use
- Gayley Fraternity Project
- Case Number: ZA 2014 1095 CU DRB SPP
Contact Info: Kevin McDonnell, Jeffer Mangels, 310-201-359
Project Description: Conditional Use for four story building over two level subterranean garage, 57 feet height, 15,461 square foot fraternity house with 22 guest rooms and 31 parking spaces and Project Permit Compliance with North Westwood Village Specific Plan and the West Los Angeles Transportation Improvement and Mitigation Specific Plan.
Project Address: 611 Gayley Avenue, Los Angeles , CA 90024
Motion regarding Applicant’s application for a Conditional Use for four story building over two level subterranean garage, 57 feet height, 15,461 square foot fraternity house with 22 guest rooms and 31 parking spaces and Project Permit Compliance with North Westwood Village Specific Plan and the West Los Angeles Transportation Improvement and Mitigation Specific Plan for said fraternity house.
- Power Grid System
Motion in favor of Councilmember Paul Koretz’ Power Grid Upgrade motion, introduced by Councilmember Koretz in the Energy and Environment Committee on December 9, 2014. Motion to be filed as a Community Impact Statement.
- Outreach and Communications
- Public Safety
- Bicycle Lane Committee – Sandy Brown (10 minutes)
- Formation of a new Council committee to study the Westwood Blvd bike route and report findings to the Council for further discussion
- By-Law Changes – Sandy Brown (10 minutes)
- Formation of an ad hoc committee to study possible changes to the Council by-laws
- Revised Sign Ordinance – Connie Boukidis (10 minutes)
- Introduction of motion against the revised sign ordinance per PLUM Committee of December 12, 2014
- Westwood Flyaway – Stephen Resnick (5 minutes)
- Impact of Neighborhood Councils – Jerry Brown (15 minutes)
- Discussion of how to assess the impact/success (or lack thereof) of Neighborhood Councils and the Neighborhood Council system